NUMR’s latest NPS® survey about Indian Multiplexes uncovered some interesting insights. Additionally, the survey also uncovered market shares of various multiplexes like INOX, PVR, Cinemax, and more. Furthermore, it also revealed the habits and preferences of an urban Indian movie goer.
See the full report below-
PART 1- NPS® OF MUTILPLEXES- INOX, PVR, CINEMAX etc.
- INOX scored an aggregate NPS of 62.45.
- And, PVR’s Net Promoter Score was 61.64
- Also, Carnival (and Big) Cinemas had an NPS measuring 67.39
- While, Cinépolis’s NPS came out to be 64.8
- And, CineMax scored an NPS equalling 60.85.
PART 2- MULTIPLEXES MARKET SHARE
Which theatre(s) do you generally go to? Select multiple, if applicable.
- INOX emerged as the leading multiplex with 50% of respondents choosing it as the multiplex they usually go to.
- However, PVR followed extremely closely with 46%.
- Also, according to the result of the survey, 42% of respondents reported that they usually go to CineMax
- While, another 27% claimed the same for Carnival (and Big) Cinemas.
- Additionally, another 25% said that their usual movie theatre is the Mexican cinema chain, Cinépolis.
What better way to escape than going to the movies. The Indian multiplex brands are doing a good job in keeping them coming back from more with over 60% NPS score. However, the space is quite crowded with no one brand standing head and shoulder above the rest.
-Amitayu Basu, CEO, Numr Research
PART 3- MOVIE PREFERENCE AND HABITS
What is your preferred mode of ticket purchase?
How often do you go to a movie theatre?
Which movie genre do you prefer? Select top 3.
As made apparent by this survey, India is a nation obsessed with stories. Moreover,
- Comedy emerged as the top genre, with 48% Indians placing in their top 3.
- In addition to Comedy, Action and Adventure (44%),
- And Romance (41%) were also placed in the top 3.
- Furthermore, Crime and Thriller came in the fourth place with 37%
ALSO READ- Who wins the OTT race? Netflix, Hotstar, Prime, Sony LIV, Voot etc
Listen to Amitayu Basu, CEO, Numr Research talk about the importance of NPS for Multiplexes-
The survey was conducted among the inhabitants of Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Kolkata, and Ahmedabad. At the time of the survey, all the respondents were between 25 to 60 years of age. Also, the survey respondents were affluent vehicle owners. Additionally, they were also avid moviegoers and extremely aware of the changing technological trends.
*NPS or Net Promoter Score is a metric for calculating customer satisfaction and loyalty. Moreover, it is a proven indicator of Growth. It is based off a single question, that is, “On a scale of 0-10, how likely are you to recommend (a company or a service) to you friends, family or colleagues?” Customers who give a score of 6 or less are called Detractors. Those who give 7 or 8 are Passives where as those who give 9 or 10 are Promoters. Then, the NPS is calculated by subtracting the percentage of Detractors from the Promoters.