What should I track once the survey is live?


Congratulations! your survey is live, and you are well on understanding customer experiences. Now comes the part of ensuring that the customer voice you are hearing represents your entire customer base.

There are a few metrics you will need to monitor on an ongoing basis, with a slightly different objective for each metric.

  1. 1. Delivery rates
  2. 2. Distribution ratios
  3. 3. Response Rate

Delivery Rates:

Delivery Rate = All who received the survey/All who were sent the survey

Delivery rates should be at the high 90%. Delivery rates can fall because of

  1. 1. Incorrect emails / Phone numbers
  2. 2. Systemic issues like wrong data being sent in the contact fields
  3. 3. Overloaded mailboxes (which can happen during holiday seasons)

You need to set up alarms for items 1 and 2. As soon as your delivery rates decrease, it would be best to look into the issue immediately. You should bear in mind that a decrease in this metric will  

  • Impact your KPI measures like NPS
  • Customers' issues during this down period will go unnoticed.

Distribution Ratios

Your delivery rates should be distributed equally amongst the segments of customers you are tracking.

For example, a telecom company might have 80% of its customers in its post-pad plans, with the remaining 20% on a pre-paid plan. The surveys going out should be in this 80:20 ratio, with the delivery rate of each segment being 90% plus.

Response Rate

Response rate = All those who have answered/All those who received the survey.

Response rate should be monitored for each customer segment. Using the same example as above, the response rate for pre-paid customers might be different for post-paid customers. Monitor both separately

You should also monitor response rate improvements as you send more reminder emails. Once the incremental difference is less than 10% (i.e. when you send a reminder, the response rate improves by less than 10%), stop sending any further reminders.

Finally, monitor the response rate by day/time of day. Try to schedule send outs during this time.


Amitayu Basu

What’s a Rich Text element?

The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.

Static and dynamic content editing

A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!

How to customize formatting for each rich text

Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.

Create “wow!”    experience for your customers

With AI, Numr CXM gauges your customers' emotions and actions, providing you with actionable insights to elevate sales and customer retention